The AVS S4 is a premium AS/NZS Standards Certified car alarm with many extra features offering a high level of security.
The cabin of the car is protected with a dual stage shock sensor. Plus the alarm includes triple immobilisation, seamless turbo timer integration and the option to operate the alarm from your car’s factory key.
As part of the AVS S-Series range the alarm also includes numerous programming options including courier mode and operating two vehicles from one AVS remote.
Two waterproof AVS rolling code remotes
Use the popular waterproof AVS remotes to arm/disarm your alarm and lock/unlock the doors. Because remotes get the most wear and tear of any part of the alarm, choosing a system with robust, reliable, and in this case waterproof remotes, makes a big difference to how well the system functions. Plus only with AVS do you get a 3-year warranty on your remotes.
The alarm can lock/unlock the doors when the alarm is armed/disarmed for easy keyless entry.
Or control the alarm with your car’s factory key
If you have a factory key with a lock/unlock button with most vehicles you can arm/disarm the AVS alarm at the same time. Boot release will also disarm the alarm and open the boot. This is a great feature giving all the functionality of a premium alarm system with ease of use.
Turbo timer integration
Enjoy seamless integration with turbo vehicles. The alarm can be armed while the car runs on a timer. If the alarm is triggered the car shuts down and the alarm sounds. There are two options:
- AVS turbo timer – the most secure option is to use the alarm’s in-built turbo timer. Choose a run time of 1, 2 or 4 minutes. The timer can also be shut down via the AVS remote.
- Turbo timer interface – link the alarm up with an external turbo timer allowing the alarm to be armed while the car runs on the timer.
The AVS S4 car alarm includes three immobiliser circuits. For maximum security fuel pump, ignition system and starter motor immobiliser cuts are made so the car cannot be started unless it is disarmed via the remote. The system will immobilise 40 seconds after the ignition is turned off or when the alarm is armed.
Intelligent dual stage shock sensor
The shock sensor helps protect the body and cabin of the car by giving a warning on a light impact and a full alarm on a heavy impact to the vehicle.
This clever sensor can distinguish between environmental shocks such as trucks or aircraft and a thief attempting to break in as well as auto adjust its sensitivity for the environment on arming to help prevent false triggers.
Door, bonnet and boot protection
A good standard car alarm installation will include protection for the doors, bonnet or boot. If any of these are opened while the alarm is armed the alarm will trigger.
If you choose a budget installation please check with your installer that these features are included (the bonnet is an important because thieves may pop the bonnet to see if the alarm triggers and / or to cut the siren wires).
Data battery back-up siren
This self powered siren communicates independently with the alarm so it cannot be fooled into turning off like normal battery back-up sirens. The siren will sound for 30 seconds if any of above intrusions are detected.
- Courier function – this feature allows the engine to continue running indefinitely while the system is armed. If the car alarm is triggered during this time the car will shut down and the alarm will sound.
- Control separate devices, such as your garage door, via your AVS remote
- The original hyper blue LED warning light
- Three year product warranty when professionally installed
- Compatible with the CAN-Bus translator for installation into new vehicles with CAN-Bus operating systems
- Compatible with all AVS accessories and sensors
- Upgradable to the AVS S5 Five Star car alarm
- Extensive number of programmable options
- Also available in a 24-volt version (features vary)
- Certified to AS/NZS 3749.1.2003 Class B (Four Star car alarm)