AVS A Series A4 Car Alarm 4 Star Rating (Installed)
The AVS A4 car alarm is a well priced Four Star alarm providing more security for the dollar.Intrusion detection is provided by a single stage shock sensor as well as door, bonnet or boot protection.The alarm includes turbo timer integration for turbo vehicles and can be controlled with either the waterproof AVS remotes or your car’s factory remote.
Two waterproof AVS rolling code remotes
Use the popular waterproof AVS remotes to arm/disarm your alarm and lock/unlock the doors. Because remotes get the most wear and tear of any part of the alarm choosing a system with robust, reliable, and in this case waterproof remotes, makes a big difference to how well the system functions. Plus only with AVS do you get a 3-year warranty on your remotes.
The alarm can lock/unlock the doors when the alarm is armed/disarmed for easy keyless entry.
Or control the alarm with your car’s factory key
If you have a factory key with a lock/unlock button with most vehicles you can arm/disarm the AVS alarm at the same time. Boot release will also disarm the alarm and open the boot. This is a great feature giving all the functionality of a premium alarm system with ease of use.
Turbo timer integration
Enjoy seamless integration with turbo vehicles. The alarm can be armed while the car runs on a timer. If the alarm is triggered the car shuts down and the alarm sounds. There are two options:
- AVS turbo timer – the most secure option is to use the alarm’s in-built turbo timer. Choose a run time of 1, 2 or 4 minutes. The timer can also be shut down via the AVS remote.
- Turbo timer interface – link the alarm up with an external turbo timer allowing the alarm to be armed while the car runs on the timer.
The AVS A4 alarm includes two immobiliser circuits. Starter motor and ignition system or fuel pump immobiliser cuts are made so the car cannot be started unless it is disarmed via the remote. The system will immobilise 40 seconds after the ignition is turned off or when the alarm is armed.
Single stage shock sensor
A single stage shock sensor helps protect the body and cabin of the car by giving triggering the alarm if an impact is detected to the body of the vehicle.
Door, bonnet and boot protection
A good standard alarm installation will include protection for the doors, bonnet or boot. If any of these are opened while the alarm is armed the alarm will trigger.
If you choose a budget installation please check with your installer that these important features are included (the bonnet is an important inclusion because many thieves will initially pop the bonnet to see if the alarm triggers and / or to cut the siren wires).
Data battery back-up siren
This self powered siren communicates independently with the alarm so it cannot be fooled into turning off like normal battery back-up sirens. The siren will sound for 30 seconds if any of above intrusions are detected.
- Courier function – this feature allows the engine to continue running indefinitely while the system is armed. If the car alarm is triggered during this time the car will shut down and the alarm will sound.
- Control separate devices, such as your garage door, via your AVS remote
- The original hyper blue LED warning light
- Three year product warranty when professionally installed
- Compatible with the CAN-Bus translator for installation into new vehicles with CAN-Bus operating systems
- Compatible with all AVS accessories and sensors
- Many programmable options
- Certified to AS/NZS 4601.1999 Rev A (Four Star alarm)
- Installation service provided in our workshop in Auckland.